• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mechanics lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoffstew

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
My husband and I had a leak in our master shower and subsequent mold and subfloor damage under the tile in the shower and the bathroom floor. We contacted a "restoration" service to mitigate the water damage. He mitigated the mold and water damage by demolishing the entire shower and floor in order to replace the subfloor. He did a great job on that part....He then told us that he had someone to set the tile and put the shower back together. He ended up doing a great deal of the work setting tile in the shower and obviously wasn't up to the task. The tile job looks amateur at best. We have had 2 different Professional tile setters come out and assess the job, and they both have given us advice to tear the job out to the studs (again!) and start from scratch. They both tell us that the enormity of the mistakes made will make it impossible to be repaired to be both functional and aesthetically pleasing.

The contractor has a paragragh in his contract that specifically addresses that he will contract with fully experienced and properly qualified technicians to perform work.

We have held back a portion of the money paid by the insurance company because the job is inferior and not complete. A plumber has told us that the drain installed in the shower is PVC glued to ABS pipe which will probably leak and will not pass code in our county.

The restoration company has sent us an "intent to file a mechanics lien" if we don't pay him within 10 days. He is asking for about twice the amount due.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">