• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sidd

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I received a letter from a Physicians Billing service stating that my insurance had refused to pay a claim. I contacted my insurance and they told me the claim had been filed after the 18 month period for filing. The date of service was July of 2001. I sent a letter to the billing service and told them that the claim had been filed too late and that I did not intend to pay since it would have been paid had it been filed in a timely manner. I received another letter from them stating they had filed the claim in October 2001 and then again in November of 2002 and that I should call their office to make arrangements to pay the bill. I again called my insurance company and they verified that the first claim was filed in March of 2003 and was too late. Do I have any recourse and how should I handle this. I don't feel it is my responsibility since I was "out of the loop" since I had no idea that this bill even existed. I should state that it was an emergency room bill and I have never heard of the doctor. I would appreciate any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">