• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

membership contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

COYLE

i just signed a contract for a karate membership and after sleeping on it i have realized there is no way i can financially honor it. it has not been 24 hours yet. i am from massachusetts. Is there any way i can legally get out of this contract?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Probably not, unless the owner came to your home, and you signed it in your home. If that's what happened, then you would have a 3 business day (72 hours) "cooling off" period. If you signed it in the Studio (Do-Jo), then you're stuck.

IAAL

C

COYLE

that is unfortunate, is there anything i can say to the head instructor that may make him void the contract? any choice words i could possibly use in my upcoming conversation with him? i really appreciate any help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

COYLE said:
that is unfortunate, is there anything i can say to the head instructor that may make him void the contract? any choice words i could possibly use in my upcoming conversation with him? i really appreciate any help.
My response:

If you are under the age of 18, then I could help you. If not, then there's nothing that anyone can do or say, except send Guido over to the Studio to make him an offer he can't refuse.

IAAL

C

COYLE

GUIDO AND ALL HIS COUISINS WOULD PROBABLY HAVE A TOUGH TIME WITH THIS GUY..... THANKS THOUGH

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">