• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Menards Ultradeck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Barbhicks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I spent $6,000.00 on Menards Ultradeck one year ago based on bogus information that was given to me by sales personnel. I am totally dissatisfied with the quality and appearance of this deck. I submitted a letter of explanation and pictures to their complaint department and after a representative visited was told that they would replace one handrail. This deck appears to be ten years old and has seriously devalued my property value. I also spent $3,000. in labor and requested that they refund the money or replace the deck with better quality material, including labor. The last correspondence I received from them shows that they have no concept of customer satisfaction guarantee. Please let me know if I have any rights concerning this purchase

Hot Topic

You can sue them. You'll have to prove that you notified them within a reasonable time of your disatisfaction with the deck (dated close-up pictures, specifics, proof that the sales department knowingly provided bogus information).

You'll probably be asked why you sunk $3,000 into the deck and those specifics.

How has the deck affected your property values? Were you thinking of selling your home? Has an expert confirmed that the values have been reduced?

racer72

I also spent $3,000. in labor and requested that they refund the money or replace the deck with better quality material, including labor.
Please explain why you should be made better out of this deal?

justalayman

I am totally dissatisfied with the quality and appearance of this deck.
and?

the question is: is it not living up to it's warranty?

What about it's quality and appearance is your complaint? Is there a warranty against weathering?

Bottom line: is there actually something wrong with the product or is it simply you do not like how it weathers?

btw: if you check the internet, it seems there are a lot of problems with this material.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">