• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

merchant services account - PLEASE HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kwatson122

What is the name of your state? WI
In June of 2002, I opened an "online store" for a free 30 day trial..the items offered through this store were not was I was looking for..it was a wholesale company. Anyway, I canceled within the 30 day trial period, and also had to cancel with merchant services for the credit card transaction services, via fax..I did all that was requested, and never had activated the merchant account or even used it for that matter. I had canceled via fax 4 times each time they claim they never received the fax of cancelation. I did not realize that they didnt receive the fax until they started debiting my checking account. I immediatly called merchant services explaining that I faxed the request on July 17, their reply was they never recieved it..So I faxed it again..but now it was past the 30 day free trial so now I was locked into a 6 month contract..I faxed a cancelation notice in August, and again in october, and finally the last one on Dec. 13th after talking with a customer support person and their supervisor they agreed to let me out of my contract one month early as long as they recieved the faxed letter by dec 15th...So I did so. Since then they have been debiting my checking account for monthly payments, In december I purposely did not leave any money in that account for them to debit since it was suppose to be cancelled. Well, again they say they never recieved the fax, then on 1/6 they debited 300.00 and closed my account!! I am fuming right now, I did not authorize this payment and am sick of dealing with these people and the only way to cancel the account is via fax! What can I do, can I dispute this with my bank? I never authorized this payment. I am so sick of this company I could puke..I am sick to death of being taken by so many people, and I cant afford to make everyone's life better, and my money is not free to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

totally frustrated! Sorry for so long and to vent (not venting at you)

Last edited:

racer72

I will give you one guess why they wanted you to fax a cancellation request. If you guessed there is no way for you to prove they recieved it, give yourself a cigar. I would have done 2 things, the cancellation request would have been sent certified, return reciept requested and I would have blocked them from taking automatic withdrawls from my checking account. They now have you over a barrel and you have no proof to back up your claim. Chalk this up as one of lifes hard lessons.

K

kwatson122

That's what I thought you would say!!

well, the account is going to be closed tomorrow so no more money can be taken, and I am going to try to file a claim with the bank, since the bank says it was a "preauthorized debit" I never authorized it. Well, I am just grabbing at straws here, but hopefully that might do the trick..probably not, since they are a large corporation and I am only me, and must be an idiot because everyone seems to keep taking my money lately! I suppose everyone that reads this post will want some too since I seem to be handing it out! LOL

Might as well do that...here you go everyone $$$$$$$$$$$100$$$$$$$$$$200$$$$$$$$$$$$$300$$$$$$$$$$$1000$$$$$$$$$

Hope that's enough cause I dont have any more! LOL (I have to laugh somehow)

Thanks for your response

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">