• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mesa Garage Door Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

distag16

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Mesa installed our doors on our house. When one of the snapped at the puller we called for thier repair guy to come out. He said we had some options.
#1 We could pay 60.00 and he would go away and do nothing.
#2 He could replace the panel for 360.00
#3 He could use an extra panel he had at home and repair it on the side for half.

We told him no way. It should be covered and here is your 60.00. We called the company and they said if we signed up for the maintence plan they would fix it. We said we would think about it. They never came back, never fixed the door. Subject dropped. My dad came and bent the panel back and it is working just fine.

Well, now Mesa is calling us saying we owe them 200.00 for a maintence plan! We have no intention of paying this. We didn't agree to it. These people are just screamers on the phone. They ask us if we have a lawyer. We have gotten 2 phone calls like this. And they are increasing the amount owed.

My question is: Can we sue them for this? Can we take them to small claims? Can we stop them from placing a lein on our property? What are our options other than waiting for them to ruin our good credit or place a lein?
I can't imagine having to hire a lawyer for a stupid 200.00 claim.

This is just

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">