• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Million Dollar Nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Seville_C

What is the name of your state? Utah

I don't know what to do. I have jut purchased my first car and it has been nothing but problems. I was told by the private seller that she got it from a dealer about 3 months ago for her boyfriend. She was selling it because they broke up. This car was registered and looked nice and drove better!! I asked her if it had ever been in an accident, "no".

We share the same credit union so it was pretty easy to get the loan. Well, I was lied to by the seller and the credit union "forgot" to tell me it was a rebuilt car. Five thousand dollars (outof pocket) later and I still can't get it to pass emissions. I have been told by my credit union that it is not thier job to tell me even though I will not see the title until it is paid off. When asked they have refuded to put any of this in writing. My car needs a new computer that will cost $800.00 and I can't afford it. My credit union insists that I keep it insured and will not help me out. WHAT AM I SUPPOED TO DO??:confused:

HomeGuru

Seville_C said:
What is the name of your state? Utah

I don't know what to do. I have jut purchased my first car and it has been nothing but problems. I was told by the private seller that she got it from a dealer about 3 months ago for her boyfriend. She was selling it because they broke up. This car was registered and looked nice and drove better!! I asked her if it had ever been in an accident, "no".

We share the same credit union so it was pretty easy to get the loan. Well, I was lied to by the seller and the credit union "forgot" to tell me it was a rebuilt car. Five thousand dollars (outof pocket) later and I still can't get it to pass emissions. I have been told by my credit union that it is not thier job to tell me even though I will not see the title until it is paid off. When asked they have refuded to put any of this in writing. My car needs a new computer that will cost $800.00 and I can't afford it. My credit union insists that I keep it insured and will not help me out. WHAT AM I SUPPOED TO DO??:confused:
**A: can you elaborate on how your case is a million dollar nightmare?

B

badtenant

Home Guru:

I have a valid question:

Here in NY and CT the emissons follow the car. So if you buy a car with a vaild emissions sticker till... say June 2004, then you just show proof and the car gets registered.

Is that the same in CA or Utah?

Or is the poster really dumb for buying a car without a valid emissions sticker?

S

Seville_C

Re: Re: Million Dollar Nightmare

HomeGuru said:
**A: can you elaborate on how your case is a million dollar nightmare?
I bought the cash cow for $6800.00 and I have spent an additional 6,000.00 and it is still not passing s/e, so, not quite a million yet, but soon to be I am sure.

Chelsea

S

Seville_C

badtenant said:
Home Guru:

I have a valid question:

Here in NY and CT the emissons follow the car. So if you buy a car with a vaild emissions sticker till... say June 2004, then you just show proof and the car gets registered.

Is that the same in CA or Utah?

Or is the poster really dumb for buying a car without a valid emissions sticker?

In Utah even if the car was just registered (new stickers) you still need to show proof to the DMV that you had it s/e after the purchase.

Chelsea

B

badtenant

In Utah even if the car was just registered (new stickers) you still need to show proof to the
DMV that you had it s/e after the purchase.
====================

THANKS Chelsea for warning me about those Low life Mormons.

So you have to get a NEW e/s after you buy any car? Before it can be registered?

Then this is really ripe for scamming isn't it?

>>>>you should contact the local tv stations, newspapers and let people know, about this SCAM.... and that they should NEVER turn over any money to anyone, when buying a car until it passes emissions.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">