• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor signed contract for personal trainer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blad247

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

My minor son entered into a contract for personal training. He stated he only wanted the term for 6 months. However, never having signed a contract before, he did not read the fine print which said that he should not sign the contract without first having his own attorney read it. My son does not have his own personal attorney. They signed him up for a full year. Anyway, he is still a minor and wants out of the contract. Can he get out and how should he let the company know that he wishes to void the contract? He is wracking up late fees because the company wanted a credit card number. The person who signed him up apparently made one up because my son does not have a credit card either.

Thanks

Banned_Princess

My minor son entered into a contract for personal training. He stated he only wanted the term for 6 months. However, never having signed a contract before, he did not read the fine print which said that he should not sign the contract without first having his own attorney read it. My son does not have his own personal attorney. They signed him up for a full year. Anyway, he is still a minor and wants out of the contract. Can he get out and how should he let the company know that he wishes to void the contract? He is wracking up late fees because the company wanted a credit card number. The person who signed him up apparently made one up because my son does not have a credit card either.

Thanks
Obviously you need to go in to the business, and speak to someone about having a minor sign a contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antigone*

Thanks
You need to speak to someone at this company and inform them that your son is a minor and will not be paying on this contract.

Then when your son is of age, and if they decide to sue him to his debt he can use his age as a defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">