• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misleading adds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sellin31

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

Cingular ads and brochures say "Unlimited Mobile to Mobile". However, I am on their low end plan for $39.99 a month with 5000 night and weekend minutes. I went over my 5000 night and weekend minutes but roughly 2000 of those were mobile to mobile. They charged me $.35 a minute for going over. When I argued that there were roughly 2000 mobile to mobile minutes, they said that there tracking system counts night and weekend minutes first, then mobile to mobile, then peak minutes. My argument is that their adds and brochures all say UNLIMITED Mobile to Mobile. There is nothing in the fine print about counting night and weeken minutes first, I have read it several time. What can be done?

pammness

Call Cingular

Call the 800 number for Cingular and see what they say. READ your contract what does it say, does it say ANYWHERE on there that nights and weekends are counted before mobile to mobile. It doesn't sound right to me, I don't have that company but have dealt with 4 others and at no time did it work that way. Makes no since to me, nights and weekends are one issue. mobile to mobile is another..... But I would look at the fine print and call someone other then the local store. Also look it uo on their website..... Good Luck and God Speed. :eek:

pammness

Fyi

I have learned straight from Cingular that they are merging with AT&T Wireless... This could explain alot. This kind of thing seems to be running rampid with Cingular lately. I have seen other posts on them and also due to one of them contacted the 800 number. I would do like FWIW has stated. I would also opt out of speaking to a local office and get on the phone with Cingular via the toll free number. Also visit there website to see what is written there concerning the mobile to mobile and there other rules for your plan. Good Luck and God Speed :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">