• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modeling contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jffsmd

John Robert Powers, a modeling agency our daughter is currently signed with basically lied to us and at least four other people we know of to get us to sign a contract enrolling our children into their modeling and acting school. They told us, and the four other people that our children were picked out of hundreds of other children to be their one representitive in a certain age group and stereotype that they were looking for. The problem is, they said exactly the same thing word for word to everyone we know enrolled there. We paid $2,000.00 for one year of classes that we have completed about 6 months of. Is there anything we can do?
State of California

troutboy

Same thing for us

Which JRP location are you enrolled at?We are also about half way through the classes,and after reading what I have about them on the internet I am sure we are getting scamed. I searched the term"is john robert powers a scam" on yahoo and found a bunch of negative things about them.From special television reports to numerous complaints about overpriced picture refferals to classes that teach them nothing.If you like you can fire me off an e-mail at [email protected]
At least we can compare notes.
good luck

BelizeBreeze

Unless you can prove to a judge that there was, in fact, a lie to induce you to sign the contract, no, there is nothign you can do. The mere fact that four or five out of hundreds were selected is not, in and of itself a lie. And a lie is not in and of itself, fraud.

Of course, if you want to spend about $10,000 in legal fees to fight for your right not to be told your child is somehow special, then go right ahead.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">