• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modular house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rottenegg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX.
A modular house builder gave me a quote on the phone then changed the price when I looked at the house. My loan was approved, downpayment was made. Company said I had bought only a shell of the house I had been shown. They said upstairs would not be insulated, walls and bath (without plumbing) were just for show and would not be reinstalled after move. Downstairs walls would crack during move, they would repair cracks and primer walls over existing paint. My contention is that I had purchased the house that I was shown as it was the one they were selling. We argued for 6 months to no avail til I asked them to put the house back on the market and refund the down payment. Then they said the downpayment was not refundable and could not be used to buy a mobile home instead. Because of all this stress, I suffered a stroke and have been disabled for over a year. It has been almost two years since I first looked at the house so, can I still sue them for bad business practices and if so what date are we talking about. I know I have two years to sue but from which date? Two years from the time I first looked at the house, two years from when the downpayment was made or two years from when negociations broke down?

They finnally agreed to repay a part of the downpayment but only if I would sign and adhere to what was, in essence, a gag order.

I feel like I have been run over by a truck with no recourse but to shut up and take it.

Any help would really be appreciated

Thank you
rottenegg

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">