• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money Back Guarantee - Investment Newsletter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lenyw

Florida:

Purchased a investment newsletter subscription from a publisher doing business originally in MN who then moved operations to KS. Newletter had guarantee for full refund of subscription price if investor did not make $100,000 during subscription period. One year later I called the publication requesting refund and was told that I was not entitled to refund because I did not cancel the subscription prior to the subscription running out. No such requirement was indicated in the advertisement I received when I purchased the subscription. We are talking about an attempt to get $5,000 refund.

First thing I did was have an attorney in Florida (Miami) send a demand letter to the publisher in Kansas. No response from publisher. Then I contacted an attorney in Kansas whom I mailed documentation to specific to my claim.
My purpose in contacting the Kansas attorney was to see if I can file a civil claim against the newsletter publisher. The Kansas attorney sent my documents back with a cover letter telling me that he could not file the claim, but that I may need to contact an attorney either in Florida or Minnesota for jurisdiction. My question is "What determines state/court juridiction for my filing a claim in this case?"
Also, is there a potential violation of federal trade laws violated in this instance? Where should I seek legal consultation on this matter?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">