• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money Owed from a parent...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rei0042

I have a bit of a complicated question to ask... and I was wondering if anyone could help me to come up with a solution... I have a good friend who was hit by a garbage truck when he was about 3 years old. His parents were given $10,000 and that was for them... there was another $10,000 that was supposed to be released to my friend when he turned 18. Needless to say, that never happened. His parents were seperated and my friend was told that his money was sitting nice and safe in a CD earning interest all of these years... he's 22 now and there's no money. Daddy has spent all $10,000 of it. Now my friend is knee deep in debt... struggling to get through college without the money he thought he would have for this time in his life... So, my question is this... we live in AZ where in small claims court $2,500 is the max allowed to sue for... so that's no good... but what can he do?? Is there any way for him to get his money? I would appreciate any help!! Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">