• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Monroney Sticker Error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilredcool

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I purchased a new car in MI and an option that is listed on the window sticker is not on the vehicle and can not be put on now. I wouldn't have purchased the vehicle had I known and don't want the car without this option. I contacted the dealership and manufacturer and neither have offered any compensation or a solution. Can I/Should I take legal action? What compensation am I entitled too?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I purchased a new car in MI and an option that is listed on the window sticker is not on the vehicle and can not be put on now. I wouldn't have purchased the vehicle had I known and don't want the car without this option. I contacted the dealership and manufacturer and neither have offered any compensation or a solution. Can I/Should I take legal action? What compensation am I entitled too?
What was the "option"?

If you are entitled to anything, it would be the value of the option in question...at most.

xylene

How long have you had the car?

Have you driven the car much?

PS Unless the answers are less than a few days and less than a few miles, you have scant recourse.

lilredcool

The option is Ipod Control. I've had the car a month and have driven it about 2500 miles. I contacted the dealership on the issue two days after taking home the vehicle and have been in contact with them ever since. There was another option missing but it has since been handled.

Zigner

The option is Ipod Control. I've had the car a month and have driven it about 2500 miles. I contacted the dealership on the issue two days after taking home the vehicle and have been in contact with them ever since. There was another option missing but it has since been handled.
It took you a month and 2,500 miles to figure this out?

lilredcool

No. I contacted the dealership two days after I picked up the car about the issue. I've been dealing with them ever since. I've was just told yesterday by the dealership and manufactuer that this option cannot be added to car now because it does not come with the specific radio thats is in the vehicle, even though the window sticker said the option was included. It took the dealership this long to figure that out.

Zigner

No. I contacted the dealership two days after I picked up the car about the issue. I've been dealing with them ever since. I've was just told yesterday by the dealership and manufactuer that this option cannot be added to car now because it does not come with the specific radio thats is in the vehicle, even though the window sticker said the option was included. It took the dealership this long to figure that out.
Then request that you be refunded the value of the option. Or, request that they replace your stereo with a stereo that DOES support the option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">