• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage Co. renegged on Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbrez

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I was purchasing a house as is and obtained a loan through the Mortgage Co. gave the commitment letter to sellers attorney, complied with all stipulations ordered by Mortgage company, was approved for funding. We set the closing for the end of February , the title company was set , the owner, the lawyer, myself included- well there was a problem with the deed(the now owner obtained the property through probate from his deceased sister and the property never was recorded) so slight delay of a few days for the lawyer of seller to obtain necessary papers to fix this. We set another closing date for the first week of March in which all was fine with everyone including the consultant I was dealing with of the Mortgage Company, well then the Mortgage Co. delayed and said that there was a problem with the credit scores, I have not charged anything and nothing has changed due to my actions- well we found out the problem was that my father's credit (same name different social)appeared on my credit and he had a few large purchases, in which my consultant was informed and aware this was not mine and said she fixed it with credit agency- so she said set the closing for March 20 in which I did with the title company(so they would send new docs out), the lawyer and homeowner, only tohear the next day from the title company that the mtg co. stopped everything and denied my funding due to credit scores had changed, even though I was told at the beginning of the month that everything was fine and we were going ahead with closing! I have obtained Home ins., the appraisal was approved, nothing was ever redflagged, I have emails from consultant I'm approved , I have the orginal docs for closing, and then they pulled it out from under me is this legal? they have constructed this denial at the end of the whole process after approving me and funds were wired once already to title company but were removed due to the deed problem, and said they could not leave money sitting there but assured me they would wire the funds the day before the scheduled closing. I have leased my other property, things are in storage, utilities turned on, etc.... Needless to say of the two times the mortgage company delayed closing, they never once called me to explain or even tell me this!! I found out from title company!

HomeGuru

jbrez said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I was purchasing a house as is and obtained a loan through the Mortgage Co. gave the commitment letter to sellers attorney, complied with all stipulations ordered by Mortgage company, was approved for funding. We set the closing for the end of February , the title company was set , the owner, the lawyer, myself included- well there was a problem with the deed(the now owner obtained the property through probate from his deceased sister and the property never was recorded) so slight delay of a few days for the lawyer of seller to obtain necessary papers to fix this. We set another closing date for the first week of March in which all was fine with everyone including the consultant I was dealing with of the Mortgage Company, well then the Mortgage Co. delayed and said that there was a problem with the credit scores, I have not charged anything and nothing has changed due to my actions- well we found out the problem was that my father's credit (same name different social)appeared on my credit and he had a few large purchases, in which my consultant was informed and aware this was not mine and said she fixed it with credit agency- so she said set the closing for March 20 in which I did with the title company(so they would send new docs out), the lawyer and homeowner, only tohear the next day from the title company that the mtg co. stopped everything and denied my funding due to credit scores had changed, even though I was told at the beginning of the month that everything was fine and we were going ahead with closing! I have obtained Home ins., the appraisal was approved, nothing was ever redflagged, I have emails from consultant I'm approved , I have the orginal docs for closing, and then they pulled it out from under me is this legal? they have constructed this denial at the end of the whole process after approving me and funds were wired once already to title company but were removed due to the deed problem, and said they could not leave money sitting there but assured me they would wire the funds the day before the scheduled closing. I have leased my other property, things are in storage, utilities turned on, etc.... Needless to say of the two times the mortgage company delayed closing, they never once called me to explain or even tell me this!! I found out from title company!

**A: to anwser your one question, yes it is perfectly legal. It is even legal for closing to occur and before recording, the lender terminates the transaction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">