• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mortgage contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annrod

What is the name of your state?ms
My mortgage company sold my account to another company. Now the new company is telling me after 4 months that my escrow account is at a negative balance. I had deferred 3 payments with the original company and I believe that is the negative amount they are talking about. The original company never contacted me that I had a negative balance. We were current in that account. The new company is now telling us that they do not do deferred payments. Does the new company have to live up to the old original contract, or can they demand this money from us 4 months after buying our contract?

Thank you for any help you can offer on this subject.

shortbus

Probably in your mortgage contract was a clause saying that they could sell the loan to another lender, and not all the terms would necssarily remain exactly the same.

Considering that the cost of being wrong in this situation could be foreclosure, I would pay what's owed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">