• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage infor request RESPA) (12U.S.C. & 2605)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billyg35

What is the name of your state? Michigan
(RESPA) (12U.S.C. & 2605)
I wrote my Mortgage co about why they put my late fee in a suspense account for 3 months in a row?? Then they send me a letter saying I owe the 3 months of late fees??? I wrote and faxed the payment checks and they wrote me 75 business days ago that they would look into it and advise me within 60 business days. Well they still have not written me why?? What recourse do I have for them not complying with the (RESPA) (12U.S.C. & 2605) act??
>
Bill

HomeGuru

billyg35 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan
(RESPA) (12U.S.C. & 2605)
I wrote my Mortgage co about why they put my late fee in a suspense account for 3 months in a row??
**A: that wasn't a question.

Then they send me a letter saying I owe the 3 months of late fees???

**A: see above.
I wrote and faxed the payment checks and they wrote me 75 business days ago that they would look into it and advise me within 60 business days. Well they still have not written me why??

**A: I don't know.

What recourse do I have for them not complying with the (RESPA) (12U.S.C. & 2605) act??
>
Bill

**A: and why do you think they are in violation.

billyg35

They are in violation because they have 60 working day to respond to my question!! It has been over 75 working days?? Are you up on the Real Estate Settlement Procedures act?? (RESPA)

Last edited:

HomeGuru

billyg35 said:
They are in violation because they have 60 working day to respond to my question!! It has been over 75 working days?? Are you up on the Real Estate Settlement Procedures act?? (RESPA)
**A: oh brother.

billyg35

Maybe I missing the point I'm just asking not trying to put you in a corner!!?? what is with the Real Estate Settlement Procedures act?? that they are to respond to my question about the late fees being put in "suspence" and not applied to the late charges?? that was my question to them. Then they sent me a form letter saying they have 60 business days to respond to my question according to this RESPA.Iit has been 75 business days!! what should I do next to get a responce from them phone calles get me no where..

please just some advise!!??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">