• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motor vehicle retail installment contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JohnnyC

Texas: my car was total loss, value is 5775.00 minus 30% because it was salvage car. I have 36 month contract at 14% apr I made 31 payments and am late on last 5. finance charges are built in payments of 205.63. I owe 1028.15 plus late charges. leinholder submitted 3154.00 to insurance company. he claims the balance is late charges and he charged me interest every month. contract says 5% late charge of payment over 15 days. he charged me 50.00 16 times. can he charge me finance and interest charges too?

L

loku

Car payments

I do not fully understand the facts you gave, but I think I can answer your question. They can and do charge interest in addition to late fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">