• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle buy gone bad. Any advise?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rtc3Rider

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I'm pretty sure I'm ****ed, and I know I need to report this to the police, but can you guys give me any advise on how to possibly re-coop my failed investment before I make the call? Here's the story:

Yesterday I bought a Salvage titled motorcycle from a private party. The title was in the sellers name, and the vin and description on the title matched the vin and description printed on the motorcycles vin tag. The vin also matched the one stamped into the bikes headstock.

The vin / title / frame is for a 2008 GSXR 750 sportbike.

After transporting the bike home, I began to take it apart to assess the parts that would need to be replaced / repaired to remove the salvage title from the bike (It was layed down with minor cosmetic damage, and a damaged front wheel.) I noticed a few things that weren't quite right for that model year / engine size bike.

Long story short, every single piece of the bike besides the frame seems to be from a 2007 GSXR 600. After looking up the location of the engine ID numbers online, I found that my motor has none. They appear to have been removed, and the metal was professionally re-finished (I can't see any difference between the number location and the rest of the block). I have a sinking feeling that this bike was stolen and re-framed.

Anyone have any advise about how to handle this situation?

Thanks

BL

So you are saying that you believe you are in possession of stolen MC/or parts .

The police may tell you it's a civil matter ,OR the police may impound it for investigation and it may never be returned to you .

You lose .

If on the other hand you think the seller has money for you to collect in a lawsuit and you can if fact determine those parts are not for that bike or compatible for that bike, determine your civil damages and sue .

If they are compatible , happy restoring/riding .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">