• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving companies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vangelicki

In short. I was wondering if I have ANY legal recourse for the following situation. I have just moved to VA. I hired a moving company in FL to pick up my property and deliver it to my new place in VA. When I spoke to the "Senior Moving Consultant" and he asked when I would like to move I gave him a tentative date originally, since I had no idea the exact location of my new place. When I contacted him again and advised him of the change in date and gave him the new address he advised me there would be a 2 day pickup window. I told him no problem but would prefer the later day. He said no problem. He told me they would deliver on Thursday. I asked him again, confirming that they would deliver on Thursday and again he said no problem. He emailed me the new paperwork and I again signed it and faxed it back. He told me they would pickup on Tuesday between 8am and 12 noon. The truck showed up at 7 pm, they left just after midnight. The driver told me he was dropping off the trailer in GA that very night and someone else would pick it up and deliver it. I left early Wednesday morning to ensure I was able to pick up my key to my new place so I could be ready for the movers on Thursday morning when they were to deliver my property. I was told they would call me with the final balance before Thursday when the driver was to deliver. Upon arriving in VA, I got a phone call from the moving company telling me that they did not have a delivery date set up and were not sure as to when that would be. I told the gentleman that I confirmed with the "Senior Moving Consultant" that they would delivery was to be made on Thursday, he told me they had a 2 week window for delivery. I told him the "Senior Moving Consultant" told me THEY WOULD deliver on Thursday. I have gotten conflicting stories from more than one person in the company. Now the "Senior Moving Consultant" won't return my calls and my job has been turned over to someone else. I have spoken to several different people including supervisors and no one can give me any idea when my property will be delivered or how much I owe. I get conflicting information, for example, they received the paperwork from the drivers dispatch and then two days later the same guy tells me they never received it. So here it is over a week later I still have no idea how much I owe or when my property is being delivered. Does anyone have any advise or knowledge to share?

Hot Topic

You planned to move, but had no idea what the exact location of your new place was? How can you hang that on the moving company? Considering the confusion, each step should have been in writing.

There's probably a governing board for movers in that state. I'd call and explain the situation and see what, if any, help they can give you.

Sounds like you didn't get any references on the company or check them out with the Better Business Bureau.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">