• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MSN Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

swrnut

south carolina. over a year ago, i purchased a laptop from best buy and signed up for the $400 discount from msn with a three year agreement. i could never get the service to respond properly and not get return calls or help from customer service. after several weeks i contacted customer service and cancelled the contract. at that time was told there "might be" a termination fee, but would be contacted soon.i never heard from msn.about six weeks ago got a call from collections at msn telling me that i owed over $500 in termination fees.i gave them history,faxed a letter outlining the situation and was told it would be considered.after a number of calls, i finally talked to a girl,who after a discussion with her supervisor informed me that i owed nothing. i asked her to clarify that and she said my account was cleared.two weeks later,i was contacted by dun and bradstreet about my delinquent account.it seems that my account wasn't cleared but turned over to a collection agency. is there any legal grounds to get me out of this amount (75% of the balance of the contract = $521)?
Help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">