• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Music Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbc2972

What is the name of your state? texas. i am a member of god's property. god's property went through a lawsuit with the record company b-rite records. we have not receive royalties from the album "stomp" nor from the settlement from the lawsuit. is it possible to get money that is held ? the founder of the group linda searight is the signed artist but we are signed on under her and were the singers and performers of the music. how do i go by getting the money if possible?

M

mikkey5

You should now better then to ask money for gods work.

The lord wants you to work for free so that the real big ones like the pope, or robert titlon, can rake in the millions.

Arent you supposed to take a vow of POVERTY?

If you want money.... make me some kick asss rock and roll music, there is a BIG shortage of it today!

dbc2972

I was really asking for a answers on how to get money due me, I made money in the gospel industry and did not have to go into rock and roll music or any other form of music to make money. just to also let you know you can go into those different genres of music and you can still wind up not making any money and getting screwed. are you in the entertainment industry if not please not reply.

JETX

"i am a member of god's property."
*** What is 'Gods Property'?? Is it a corporation, dba, partnership, etc.???

"god's property went through a lawsuit with the record company b-rite records."
*** Okay.

"we have not receive royalties from the album "stomp" nor from the settlement from the lawsuit."
*** Who is 'we'?? Do you mean "God's Property"?? If so, are you an officer of the corporation??

"is it possible to get money that is held ?"
*** Can't answer without knowing what YOUR standing and status is.

"the founder of the group linda searight is the signed artist but we are signed on under her and were the singers and performers of the music."
*** Now you are confusing. Who exactly won the judgment (You, God's Property, or the 'signed artist') and who was the judgment against???

"how do i go by getting the money if possible?"
*** First, you have to figure whether anyone owes you money. What does your contract say as to who pays?? And who do they pay?? And what is your relationship to the owed party?

Simply, your post is too confusing to be able to be answered accurately.

dbc2972

i do apologize this is my first time asking questions on what to do about my situation. god's property is singing group that I am a member of.

when I say that we have not gotten any royalties from the album or settlement we is the group god's property. I am not a officer just a member of the group.

the signed artist stated to us god's property that she settled out of court. we were told that the record company had checks waiting to be mailed out to us but they would not send it do to the fact that linda searight had to sign some kind of paper. the record company states that she is the reason that we have not recieved both the settlement from the lawsuit and the royalties from making the album.

if you would allow me to find my contract and the papers that informs me of the settlement and royalties I will get back with you .

thank you for all of your help.

JETX

You do need to quit relying on verbal information. Your post says, "the record company states that she is the reason that we have not recieved both the settlement from the lawsuit and the royalties from making the album". Did you get it from them in writing?? Did you get a list of the checks, dates and amounts?? What did the record company say when you asked if the checks have been cashed?? What did they say when you asked for copies of the front and backs of the cashed checks.

dbc2972

okay what I will do is locate my contract and the information on the settlement and royalties. that way i will can give you what you need to try to assist me. i will have it for you wednesday is that okay?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">