• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My bank gave out false info re. my account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tunablender

A few days ago my husband and I wrote out a check for a deposit on a rental duplex. The potential landlord called a branch of our bank to check that the we had sufficient funds in our account to cover it. We did, but the bank told him we did not. So we get this call from the potential landlord telling us our check would bounce and he's showing the place to someone else that afternoon. I call our bank and the lady there said that we did have sufficient funds. She said that the computers were down when the potential landlord had called and that was why what happened happened. So my question is, why did the bank give out the false info instead of just telling the guy that the computers where down?? What can we do about this problem?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">