• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Internet Service Provivder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ernbar

Philadelphia,Pa

Yesterday I was shut down by my my isp because they told I have used appox.over 400 hours of logon time last month,and they had to pick up some of the bill???. My contract states I shall recieve internet service 24/7 but they now are asking me to turn off my computer as much as possible. Can they do this? Can I seek a legal remedy

racer72

Yes, they can do that. If you read your terms of agreement (should be similar to mine), it states that the service is available 24/7, but it does not say you can use it 24/7. Mine also says that the provider reserves the right to limit service to those use the service excessively. You may not think that 13 hours a day on the net is excessive but they do. So do I.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">