• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is my lease binding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dredhaus

I went to a car dealer to look around. I ended up asking how much it would cost to lease the SUV that I was interested in. The salesman gave me a really good deal and said that my credit was ok so I traded my car in, signed a lease and walked out with a new SUV. Two days later they call and say there is a problem with my credit and I wasn't approved unless i get a cosigner. How can they let me walk out like that? I signed a lease, isn't that binding?
Now they are requiring that my dad be the cosigner or i'm not approved. They mentioned that it would be pending approval but I thought since they gave me the car that it meant I was approved. I can't find anywhere on the lease that says "pending approval" Please advise. My dad is signing as i write this

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">