• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my rights as a co-signer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

billm66

What is the name of your state? indiana

I AM THE CO-SIGNER ON A CAR LOAN, NO PROB. FOR THE LAST FOR LAST 8 MONTHS I HAVE PAID EVERY PAYMENT, SHE CAN NOT SELL THE CAR WITHOUT MY SIGNATURE PER THE WAY THE CONTRACT IS SIGNED. OK I AM NOW DRIVING THE CAR AND PAYED HER FOR THE INITIAL PAYMENTS SHE MADE. SHE NOW WANTS THE CAR BACK, AND SAYS SHE WANTS TO SELL IT OR DRIVE IT !!! NO OTHER OPTIONS! WE ARE BOTH ON TITLE BUT I REFUSE TO ACCEPT HER DEMANDS, I BAILED HER OUT TO SAVE MY OWN CREDIT, I SOLD MY OTHER CAR AND KEPT THIS ONE BECAUSE OTHER WAS PAYED FOR AND WE ARE UPSIDE DOWN ON THIS ONE. I FOR ONE DO NOT WANT TO RETURN THE CAR AND ONCE AGAIN FIND OUT 3 MO. INTO HER NOT PAYING I HAVE TO BAIL HER OUT. FORD MOTOR CREDIT WILL NOT LET ME DROP HER AND IF I REFINANCE, WILL INCREASE PAYMENTS BY 57 DOLLARS A MONTH, WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE AS A CO-SIGNER TO KEEP CAR IN MY POSESSION.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">