• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on a car repair issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noogerkzy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
My car recently overheated I took it to a local mechanic and I was told that it needs a new engine...last december because the radiator was oozing a brown substance I took it a separate mechanic...I was charged $150.00 for a radiator flush...I was told everything was fine...the second mechanic told me the cause of the engine failure was due to the radiator being clogged meaning that the first guy did not do a thorough job...can I sue the first mechanic for the cost of the new repair which is $3000?

aldaron

You can sue anyone even POTUS Obammy if you want. To have brown slime in your rad fluid means theres oil leaking into the cooling system barring anyone adding any thing to the cooling system. The 1st diagnosis was wrong and the second one also isn't completely correct. You need to choose your auto repair shops more carefully.

BL

Let's do the math .

Last Dec. , 09 to " recently " 2010 = about 4 - 5 months .

No ,you haven't got a shot . You drove it all these months , so apparently the temporary fix ( Rad flush ) worked for a time .

He saved you some bucks .

If it had that kind a crud in the first place ,the engine most likely was on it's way out anyways .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">