• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on possible bait and switch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bubbasucks

I am in NY but the show is in florida. I have a legal question.I subscribed and prepaid for a 3 year subscription to a internet radio show which was supposed to be a 2 hour show.The host and the name of of the show after 1 1/2 yrs only does 1 hour well really only like 50 minutes after all the breaks.And has his employees do the last hour.Is there any legal binding or bait and switch against this company?Is there a legal way i can make him have to do the show? Is this a bait and switch knowing i purchased the package under the impression i was to get a 2 hour show from him and now its a 1 hour show of him and 1 hour of employees.

Antigone*

I am in NY but the show is in florida. I have a legal question.I subscribed and prepaid for a 3 year subscription to a internet radio show which was supposed to be a 2 hour show.The host and the name of of the show after 1 1/2 yrs only does 1 hour well really only like 50 minutes after all the breaks.And has his employees do the last hour.Is there any legal binding or bait and switch against this company?Is there a legal way i can make him have to do the show? Is this a bait and switch knowing i purchased the package under the impression i was to get a 2 hour show from him and now its a 1 hour show of him and 1 hour of employees.

No there is no legal way to make him do the show.

swalsh411

What is the refund policy you agreed to when you made the purchase?

Was there any guaruntee that this specific person would always do 2 hours of material?

bubbasucks

What is the refund policy you agreed to when you made the purchase?

Was there any guaruntee that this specific person would always do 2 hours of material?
there was no real talked about contract refund polocy but it doesnt say no refunds either.No real paperwork to go by.Radio io is the company and bubba the love sponge show is the culprate.It was implied he bubba since its his show would be on the air to give a live 2 hour unscensored show mon- thurs between 1030am-1230pm.I prepurchased a 3 year deal.Total $300 and feel screwed.

swalsh411

I don't think you were ever given a guaruntee that only Mr. Sponge would host the show.

And honestly, you paid $300 to listen to that guy? :eek: It's free now by the way.

bubbasucks

I don't think you were ever given a guaruntee that only Mr. Sponge would host the show.

And honestly, you paid $300 to listen to that guy? :eek: It's free now by the way.
UHHH yeah. .After shelling out money him giving it away for free

Last edited by a moderator:

ecmst12

If you call and request a cancellation, they *may* give you a pro-rated refund for the amount of time left on the contract. Depending on what the contract says, they may not, but you never know until you ask.

You should not expect to get any money back for the time when you had access to the show.

BL

File a complaint with your local office of attorney general consumer affairs.

Request a cancellation and refund of the pro rated remaining amount,since it's free now.

They will contact the Co.

No guarantee though .

bubbasucks

If you call and request a cancellation, they *may* give you a pro-rated refund for the amount of time left on the contract. Depending on what the contract says, they may not, but you never know until you ask.

You should not expect to get any money back for the time when you had access to the show.
thanks guys

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">