• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help asap-wedding photog/ethics/$$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carlsonbrown

What is the name of your state? california
I was married 3 years ago this may. my photog charged 2k. I paid it. His employee that I would work with to set appointments convinced me to get 3 large photos done to have at my wedding. I said yes as long as I didn't go over what my plan was. He told me we could mix and match the package i chose, eliminating some things and adding others. After all was said and done, i got my proofs, he said I had $300 left over to do my album. About 6 months ago i took the photos back for this purpose. a few days later The owner then told me his employee had made a mistake (I wasn't the only person) and I owed him 2k more. he's willing to give me a deal and only take 1k. he will not give me back my proofs after I've had them all of this time. i can't help because his employee didn't give me the right info. if I knew these pics would be an additional 2k I would have never done it. i don't have the money to hire an attorney. I want to report him to BBB but I'm afraid he'll do something with my proofs. what can I do? Thank you.

djohnson

bump

maybe someone else will give you a legal answer as mine is not. I think you have a case though. You agreed on an amount with his representative and have every right to expect what your agreement was. If he is holding your proofs for payment I don't think he can do this as he already gave them to you and they were taken to his business for a different reason. I would tell him, or write him RRR requesting proofs back and see what his response is. It will tell you alot about where to go now.

C

carlsonbrown

problem solved

I went today to pick up what I suppposedly owed. I had to re-explain my situation to the owner's assistant. I also said i needed to "talk to some people first about the situation" I left with my info. Once I got to my office, down the street, he called to say he would give my pictures back. Yeah!!!!!! his assistant told him he was in the wrong and he listened.:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">