• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help with Contract with Home Depot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mwhit

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I contracted with Home Depot to install two sliding patio doors. They subcontracted with a local company to install the doors. I paid Home Depot directly and contracted with Home Depot.

When the installer was finished he had my husband sign off on the doors. My husband did. Later we noticed a dent in the doors that we didn't notice earlier and complained to Home Depot. They stated since signed off with the installer there was nothing we could do. I have two questions:

1. Do we have any recourse?
2. I was the one who contracted with Home Depot and I was the one who paid for the doors. Can they hold me to my husbands signature on the sign off sheet? Shouldn't they have had me sign off on the installation? I wasn't home at the time of installation but could have been to sign off if need be.

Thanks for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">