• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Getting out of a Lease!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkcorb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?: California/Sacramento

I need help! I Leased a vehicle in October 2007 (In Arizona if it matters, but I currently live in California), 5 year lease through Huntington. I will be moving out of the country this year and need to get rid of this vehicle. Huntington however does not allow lease transfer's, and It's currently worth much less than I owe.

I can't afford to pay thousands in penalties, I can't afford to keep the vehicle. I want to just walk away! I am ok with paying even up to $2,000 in penalties, but can't afford more than that.

What can I do leagally? How can I get out of this? and/or
What are the ramifications of me giving it to the bank and not giving them any more money? I don't want collectors following me around for years!

I need help! What, if anything can I do?!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">