• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Reposessing Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kooth

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
I sold a car to a woman but kept the loan in my name, (yes I know it was a dumb thing to do) because her credit wasn't good enough to qualify for a loan. After $500.00 down and a couple months of payments she disappeared. Yesterday I got an address and phone number on her. I want to go pick the car up in the next couple of days. I still have the title in my name, and a contract signed by her stating if she did not make payments the car would be picked up by me. I want to be prepared for any contingent. I have notified the local police of my intentions, and want to know what other possibilities (legal) may arise. I have been making the payments, and would like to close this chapter of dumb decisions in my life.

Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I don't have any legal advice, but I do have some basic safety advice. Pick it up in the middle of the night when you know that she's sleeping. I'm sure that you don't really want a confrontation to top everything else off.

Kooth

Help Reclaiming car

Thanks for the advice! Any other "words of wisdom"? I think we may have a key, but it could be from another car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">