• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Urgent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Deweycat

What is the name of your state? MI

I have written on the Employment site - yet have not received but one response - I need help.

Syn: Hired by new employer - New Company not yet Open nor established for business to date. Required Training was the initial part of being an employee. Training was provided by outside "incorporated to the Co Business" representatives.

Went to training for 7 days - Was contemplating at 5th day - if this position was right for me. The building is still in construction - and not yet in operation.

Training: Was nothing I have ever experienced in my profession and I felt it to be quite above my education - and felt it was something - that I was not comfortable doing for many reasons...Liability, and just not the right person for the job. Too much to go into to.

I felt that I at had to think and do what was right for me - as an employee rendering such services - which I just felt that I was not comfortable.

Only because of my lack of experience - I founded this.

I was paid for the training - and we were dispursed for Thanksgiving - actually Wed's - Sunday - to return today.

I called prior to having to report - and left message - on v-mail - to employer that I was not coming in - and that I was not going to be returning. That I would rather speak to them in person and return training manuals - and uniform - and anything else that I received. That I was at home for them to call me back.

I received in return " Screaming" I was told that I was basically a joke - that I should never have pursued the training - nor have collected the wages for participating in the training.

I conveyed to calm the person down - that I was being honest with them - that I felt I was not the person for the position - that I did not want to waste their time nor mine further - that I would return everything to them.

Screaming persisted.

I was then told to meet Owner - and Did - to return manuals etc....

I did meet without witness - than was Told by Owner that I am going to receive a bill for the training - that I am to repay it in the full amount.

I was also accused of being a Spy - that I was hired by another competitor - to find out secret private information - that I was paid to infiltrate and correspond with another agency.

I was appauled to say the least - and totally blown "away".

I gave the owner everything possible that I had received during training - including all pages that I longhand took notes - which are practically non legible - by any one but me.

Basically I feel very threatened at this point.

I never signed any "Contract" - I only signed a disclaimer that I am and was to be an AT_WILL employee.

What am I to do?

Any Advice is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">