• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help URGENT !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mysterious Girl

Hello dear members ..

This is my first post in the forum and I am sure that you won't dissapointe me :(

Actually, I have a case study for my assignment and there is a remaning part which I doubt about it, so I decided to post it here where I can benefit from your experience :)

It is mainly about a foriegn software company operating in your country .. It placed an ad in e.g. The Daily News newspaper about a new anti-virus software they had invented and they said that they would pay a compensation of e.g. $30000 for anyone that TRIED the software and it did not clear his/her computer virus successfully.

1. How the law would apply to this company as a foriegn company operating in your country (considering which court would hear the case) ???

2. One of the company employees who works as a software engineer borrowed a copy of this software and when it didn't work, she claim the $ 30000.

3. A person decided to try the new anti-virus software of the company, UNAWARE of the advertisement, the software did not clear viruses. Later, he noticed the ad in the newspaper and contacted the company for the compensation.
--** I know that if he was unaware when he purchased the software, he cannot claim the compensation but I need a law which states this thing and a case example if possiple.

On Friday morning, the company placed a notice in DIFFERENT newspaper, stating the money could no longer be claimed
4. Another person returned from her holiday on Friday afternoon and always reads The Daily News. She had a copy of Thursday's paper where the ad is still placed and purchased the software on Friday afternoon, it did not work so she claimed the compensation. She was told by the company that the offer had expired.

For 2,3,4 I need to identify the lagal issues arising and if there is a valid contract for each of them and the potentail liability of the company towards each of the parties. Supported with laws and cases.

I know it's quite long but I really appreciate your response ..

Thanks in advance

Mysterious Girl

Well, I wouldn't ask for help unless I'm really stucked with it .. I'm really shocked with the first reply :eek:

I hope other members would help me ..

tranquility

How about if you give your thoughts on each one and, maybe, someone can guide you. The "I have no idea" theory is more of a time to drop out theory of education.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My second (and more proper) response is: Sorry, this forum is for US Law Only. What is the name of your state?

Then, we'll get back to "Do your own homework!"

Just Blue

Well, I wouldn't ask for help unless I'm really stucked with it .. I'm really shocked with the first reply :eek:

I hope other members would help me ..
Is not the point of assignments to push the student to STUDY? If any member on this forum does the work for you...Where does it end? Next time you will just be "stucked with it" again.

Go to you local library and study. That is the point of education. To EDUCATE oneself.;)

Mysterious Girl

Dear Zigner, well I don't think it's a proper response at all .. it's only reflects your personality :cool: but you know?? I think you are right .. I posted in the wrong forum :p

tranquility:
I already had enough search, thoughts and possiple answer for each case but I wanted to make sure and that's why I said I doubt it's not I don't know at all

Anyway, I do not want help any more and thanks for all those who replied politely .. No need for more replies as I won't check the forum again :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">