• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need info on ticket refunds before Sept. 28th

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hotlycefire

California...

I bought two tickets for a 3 day 2 night dance party/campout that was supposed to happen on the 7th, 8th, and 9th of this month at a National Park campground in Northern California. The event was cancelled due to the wildfires, and having to evacuate the area. A few days later, the production crew rescheduled the event for the 28th and 29th of this month at the same location.

I called the store where I bought the tickets and asked if I could get a refund and they said "no" since the event has been rescheduled, and that they just sell the tickets, they have anything to do with the actual event.

I am not sure if I can make it on these new dates since my funds are low at the end of the month. In addition, the newly scheduled event does not have all of the original DJ's lined up and now it is only a 2 day/1 night deal. I dont want to drive that far to camp out for one night, and have to drive back the next day.

Is there anything I can do to get a refund back in this situation?

Please help before the 28th..I'd rather have a refund, but if theres nothing I can do, I'll try and find a way to deal with it.

Thanks Sherri

L

lawrat

If those D.J.s were the basis of you buying the tickets, approach the promoter. You also can't complain about their reasonable efforts to put on a substitute show. Don't get mad and tell them that due to the change in date, you cannot make it. They owe a good faith effort to refund your tickets. If they cannot, ask them to give you tickets to another venue and give them back these tickets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">