• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to sue wedding videographer/photographer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

igotconned

I live in Ontario, Canada

If not all items are delivered (lets say 2 out of 4 items have been delivered on time) after 30 days of promised delivery date, can I cancel the contract under the Consumer Protection Act 2002 section 26? I have not received the photos yet but I have received some video over google drive, but not the DVDs. My wedding was in Nov 2015. There was no time of delivery in the contract. I had emailed him that the delivery should be by Jan 7, 2017 and he had agreed. I'm sure I won't get it. Maybe this was a mistake and should had made a claim of reasonable time.

How do I prove misrepresentation that was oral and not written in the contract. I have footage of one of the videographers dancing on the dance floor during the wedding reception. Can I sue for misrepresentation/breach of term if they were not professional. Is professionalism an implied representation/term if they are an established video company? Also I saw that they were drinking on the job from the open bar, but I don't have physical proof. They also told me that they would send people with lots of experience in wedding videos, especially the wedding of my nationality. They sent me two immature students who behaved rudely and needed to be told everything. I was so embarrassed as my guests were making comments like "who hired these guys".

The video that I did receive was unsatisfactory. About 20 to 30 % of the video was repeated segments to make the video seem longer but it's so obvious. I asked for reedit, but they re-sent the same stuff. They had no other footage because they were drinking and dancing instead of filming. I had hired them for a total of 24 hours over 3 days and they only gave me 3 hours of footage.

The only information in the written contract was price, hours of work and dates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">