• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never Gave the down payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BlackTahoe

What is the name of your state? MA

I just bought a truck for XX amount of dollars and said I would give X amount for a down payment, I went through the sales person the manager, the finance guy, and the credit people signed 20 different papers and drove home with the truck...they never took my X amount for the down payment!!! It is stated on all the paper work I payed X amount, up front, for this truck it was just never collected...

Is it their loss, or am I gonna have to cough it up if they ask?

You would still need to come up with that downpayment. They arranged financing for the vehicle with that amount included. If you refuse to pay the downpayment that is a breech of contract and they have the right to take the vehicle back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">