• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never paid for work for hire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kfarm

What is the name of your state? New York

Eight months ago, I was commissioned to complete a design piece for a promotional card. The buyer and myself agreed that we would see how much work needed to be done before deciding on a price. I completed a sketch of the work and sent a contract to the buyer stating my price for the work. I have not heard from the buyer since sending the contract, a month ago, and I am afraid they may use the image without paying me. Is there any way I can copyright this image so that it belongs to me and only me, and do I have to go to small claims to get paid? The person who commissioned me has not answered my emails and has a disconnected phone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">