• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New car advertisement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jwheels

I saw an ad for a van in Ohio that listed, among other options, antilock brakes. I showed the ad to the salesman, and he showed the ad to another employee as well. I bought the van, and while reading the owners' manual determined this didn't have antilock brakes. I took the van back to the dealer, who glanced at the ad and immediately said that it didn't have those brakes, and the newspaper that ran the ad (on Saturday and Monday) had made a typo both days. He apologized, but said they aren't liable for anything, and won't do anything about it. They refused to take it back as well (200 miles on it), and now duck my phone calls.

L

lawrat

Unilateral mistake. THEY made a mistake (newspaper was their agent for this particular advertisement). They should have checked the ad in the first place, and when you showed them the ad, they should have told you it was wrong.

What they did to you was a bait and switch.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">