• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New car contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DRoscoe

What is the name of your state? California
eight months ago i bought a new mitsubishi with a nine month deferred payment. they told me all i had to do was right before the nine months was up, refinance with my credit union to get a much lower interest rate. i have now tried to refinance but no one will finance the amount of the vehicle because it is no longer considered new and has depreciated greatly. i am now going to be stuck with a $650 car payment at 10.90% interest and i feel royaly screwed. I am especially frustrated because the finance guy looked me straight in the face and told me how simple it would be and that i would never even make a payment to mitsubishi. they never disclosed the fact that refinancing would be impossible. since i have not started payments yet, i want to break the contract and give the car back to the dealership but i don't know if that is possible and if it will ruin my credit. also, i don't know what kind of costs i have incurred up to this point even if they did agree to break the contract and take the car back. does anyone have any advice? what can i do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">