• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

G-man2428

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

my mother in law purchased a new automobile yesterday, but, after finding out the dealer was less than honest with her about what incentives were available, she decided to return the car today, but was told she couldn't because the paperwork had been sent in last night. Is there a period after purchasing a new vehicle that you can return it? is she stuck with it?

Last edited:

racer72

There is no grace or "buyers remorse" period. That is why I suggest to new car buyers to take home a copy of the contract before signing it and looking over everything. Unfortunately, most folks don't read the contract they signed till it is too late. If the dealer won't let you look over the contract first, walk away.

G

G-man2428

Thanks, I have since found that in arkansas you don't have any recourse after you have signed. Unless you sign them somewhere other than the dealership.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">