• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car Contract able to be cancelled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bananarat9999

What is the name of your state?
Florida

I purchased a new car on Saturday evening. In the contract it stated that there is NO COOLING OFF PERIOD, which the dealer said was standard.

At the time of purchase there were a some discrepancies that needed to be taken care of. I let them keep the car so they could get the work completed before I accepted delivery.

At that time they asked about delivering the car to me on Monday. Due to scheduling conflicts I suggested that Tuesday was the better day to receive the car. However, I called on Monday to find out the status of my car and was told that everything was taken care of except the dent in the hood from shipping. That was to be corrected on Tuesday.

On Tuesday I spoke with the dealership throughout the day and was told that the dent was being worked on and the car would be available for pickup that afternoon.

Late in the afternoon I then received a call saying that upon inspection of the car, during the 2nd detailing, they found a scratch that needed to be taken care of on Weds. Tuesday night I went to the dealership to pick up a loaner car and see my car. The gouge/scratch looked like it was probably induced during their work on my car because I hadn't noticed it when I purchased the car and it was in an obvious location.

Well here it is on Weds. My salesperson is off work and not answering his cell phone. After being passed around the dealership because no one knew anything about my car, I finally was told by a salesperson that my car might not be available for pickup because a solenoid is on order. I was told nothing about a bad solenoid on top of the other things that they claimed were already corrected.

I asked to speak to the repair guy they were quoting info from and of course he was unavailable. I then called back the dealership and left a detailed message for the general manager to contact me back regarding this situation. At the time I was told he was in a meeting for the next 1/2 hour. An hour and a half later I still had not heard from him despite confirmation that the meeting was over. Needless to say I'm becoming very disenchanted with this vehicle I'm not even able to drive off the lot.

My question to you is, am I able to cancel this contract under the cooling off period clause, despite the contract stating there was none, or am I able to cancel the contract due to a breach of contract in their not being able to deliver the vehicle to me?????

Any advice you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bananarat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">