• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car Contract Forced Change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ctwtlw

State of Florida.
I just purchsed a new truck from a local dealer here in central florida. everything was approved o.k. After 5 days, the dealser contacted me to state they they had made a mistake on the finance contract and needed me to destry the contract I I had and come in and sign a new contract with different numbers on it. The problem appears to be that the dealer listed my trade-in with bank pay-off as having a negative equity as I owed more on the vehicle than they gave me for the trade-in value.

This resulted in the dealer losing $1,000 on the deal. They are now asking me to sign a new deal and contract so they do not lose the $1,000. They have threatened me by stating they will not pay-off the old vehicle and they will withold my tags unless I agree to sign a new contract.

They have really been harassing me and I do not think I should be required to sign a new contract.

please help as soon as possible as this is the easter weekend and they are telling me I only have until Monday to sign a new contract.

thanks for any advice.

distgusted and confused in florida.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">