• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new car, please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jojome

Hello, I'm in Florida and my brother bought a new car at our local dealer yesterday. After I saw his contract and how much they're over charging him both on interest and car retail I was very angry. Today I'm going to go with him to see if they will give him a better deal or return the car. I'm not sure but when I bought my new car somebody told me I had the right to return it withing 24 hours if for some reason I wasn't completely satisfied. Can someone please help me out with this question? The sooner, the better because I'm planning on going there today. Also, he already signed a contract, but they told him the deal wasn't closed since they still need for a bank to aprove his loan.
thank you

B

badtenant

Hopefiully the bank wont approve his loan, and he didnt anything really stupid like trade in a car. then you can just give it back, but DONT drive it since its not registerd or has insurance.

J

jojome

Hi, first os all thanks for your reply. Today was a very good day, we went over to the dealership and before going in we looked over his contract and that paper that has all the car info on the car's window. Well, there were several things that just didn't add up. For one the toal price was not what was on the contract, it was like $2,500.00 more, the dealer fee was added twice!!! And there was this charge of almost $1,000.00 of stupid things like a luxury keychain (which by the way he never got, he got this cheap plastic thing), floor mats (that were charged again on a separate page), and all this other bunch of junk he didn't even need or had. My husband and I were so angry, when we started started talking to them. That the first thing they said was that he wasn't aproved by the first bank they tried so they would just void this contract and call him if he later got aproved. I was very angry at them, but relieved at the same time because he was free of the contract. He, had traded in his old car but all that was returned. My one piece of advice to anyone looking to buy a car, is read, read, read, your contract and what you're signing. Do lots of research, and if you're not sure walk out. They need your business more than you need theirs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">