• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car Pressure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Paul F B

What is the name of your state? New York
My wife, who incidently is pregnant, just traded down in a car deal. She traded a Jeep Libery for a new Ford Focus. Once she signed the papers, she was told that they had to have her Jeep immediately as they had a broker coming to get it in the AM. I thought she had 3 days to cancel the deal. She was pressured tremendously by these people and I'm wondering if they broke any laws. I will provide more info if prompted. Thanks - Paul F B

Does it say anything on the contract that your wife signed about a 3 day cancellation period??? If not...then you have yourself a new ford focus. What laws do you think they broke during the sale???

Paul F B

Pressure

I'm not familiar with consumer protection laws and just felt that their insistence that she turn over the Jeep that very night may have violated some law . They were unrelentless in the pressure they applied to get her to buy. Initially they called her insurance company to switch the insurance- before she signed anything. Then, midsream, they got her credit at a different place than they first indicated. I had to back off the whole thing because I was about ready to assault someone. She made a very bad deal and we're going to have to live with it, unless I can find something they did wrong or something they somehow overlooked. Thanks for the help- Paul F B

Pressure is not unlawful unless they did so with physical force...violence. Since she actually signed the contract that means that she willfully agreed to the terms of the contract.

I'm not sure as to why the dealership would call on her behalf to switch the insurance if the contract wasn't signed yet. That was odd in my opinion.

Paul F B

pressure

It doesn't say anything about a 3 day cancellation period on the contract we have- did you say I could pursue this omission? Paul F B

Veronica1228

I wonder if you are possibly referring to or thinking of the "three day right of recision?" If so, this only pertains to home loans not vehicle loans or purchases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">