• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New car purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rgs-2

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I recently purchased a new vehicle from a local dealer. I presented a private offer coupon from GMC to the dealer at the time of the agreement. The dealer raised issue with the coupon immediately. I referred them to the toll free number on the coupon and the GM web site. In the four hours of negotiating the contract the dealer continually stated, "There shouldn't be a problem with the coupon." Well there was to the tune of $1000. Now they are stating the coupon cannot be combined with a GM loyalty rebate. I contacted GM in regards to the issue. They stated," all their dealerships are aware of these coupons and know when and where they can and cannot be used. Also, if the dealership said they would honor the coupon, it is the dealership's responsibility to keep it's word." I contacted the dealership and go screamed at by the General Manager who then slammed the phone on me. What actions should I take and what rights do I have?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">