• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car Purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

esp

Just purchased a new vehicle from a dealer in GA. Have had the vehicle for 24 hours and found out I got a horrible deal on a demo vehicle. Is there a 2-3 day period in which you can return a vehicle to the dealership and cancel the purchase contract?

M

marty8

yes you CAN get out of it

That sounded like a smug answer. You CAN get out of a contract if you really want to. Did they tell you that the demo was a new car? If so, that is fraud. On the contract it is marked new or used. Also, you can call the bank and let your objections be known abou the car and the shadiness of the deal. Tell them that they are not gong torecieve any money on this. If the finance comany doesnt finance the car, the dealer must rescind the deal.

I am not a lawyer, but i have done this before myself, successfully. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">