• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new car purchase in CA, Dealer error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

subject51

What is the name of your state? California

My wife and I recently purchased a new car in California using Carsdirect.com, financed through our credit Union. When we picked up the car this past Friday, the dealer gave us a $1,500 dealer incentive. We pointed out that we should only recieive the advertised $1000 dealer incentive, and he informed us that it was really $1,500.

Our purchase paperwork/contract clearly states the $1500.00 rebate. After picking up our check at the CU this am, and mailing the financed amount to carsdirect - we received a call from the dealership, saying they had made a mistake and we would have to write a check for the $500.00 difference.

It seems to me that I can't change my mind about my down payment after the fact, or the contract to purchase the car, after the fact. Is it ok for the dealer to do this?

Thanks in adavance for any advice!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">