• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEW CAR Purchase! Please help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iandailey

Hi everyone, I live in Salt Lake City, UT and need some advice. My wife and I just purchased a new car from a dealership here in SLC, and it has become a nightmare. We got the car on 9/15/09 and just Wednesday (10/7/09) we got a very frantic call from a finance guy telling my wife that they hadn't financed us yet. Our trade in is not paid off at all, we don't know where it is, if they even have it still and they won't tell us whether or not they do. It has been 20 some odd days since the purchase, and according to their contract we can rescind the deal after 7 days if they don't contact us telling us they haven't financed us yet. I tried to take the car back yesterday, the guy told us Utah doesn't actually allow you to rescind, and said they he had our financing approved, we just need to provide Proof of Income. Which is fine with us, we did that today, and now he wants more. My wife works one job, I have been working 3 all summer, but will only be working one as of this coming Saturday, and I don't want to falsely report income I will no longer have. We own a house together, another new car, etc, so our income should be good enough to finance. We also have good credit, both of us at about 700. So yesterday, when I tried to give the car back, the guy split for about 30 minutes, and then came back with all this legal nonsense about why we had to be careful and cooperate, and he was fairly hostile, to which I asked him why he was being that way. At that point he said maybe I SHOULD get a lawyer and started to leave. My wife jumped in, thank god, and got us back on track for our deal. They did slide a spread in on our financing, which we got conned into signing and I hate myself for it, so I am afraid if I go after this guy too much he will just finance us out at like 20% or something instead of the 7.5% we signed on and agreed on originally. I was confident the ball was in my court, and I feel like the guy just beat me up and took my ball yesterday. I don't want to pay crazy lawyer fees, so it makes more sense to give in and just get our deal, if WE CAN. I am not sleeping, I am stressed, I don't feel well. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">