• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car With Signs It was Damaged & epaired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LNG

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I purchase a new car a month ago. When I was cleaning snow off the engine hood, the dirty water formed a straight line down a ridge on the hood.

This lines appears to be a tape line that was not buffed down adaquately.

The question is, I was never informed that my car was damaged and repaired. Also, if the hood was damaged, what else was damaged to get to the hood. Did the dealer have a legal obligation to inform me of damages to my new car? Also, do I have any leagal rights to make him refund some of my money because the car was damaged?

Did the dealer break any laws?

L

LNG

I called the saleman and there was nothing but denial that they would do something like this.

Before I go in person, I wanted to know where I stand. With the attitude on the phone I'm expecting a difficult time.

This even with the obvious tape line. There is also a small outward dentation on the hood. As though pushed from the inside.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">